Ariel Orodenker不确定在希德勒商学院主修什么University of Hawai'i.She knew that she wanted to start her own business one day,but wasn't sure what that meant in terms of focusing her studies.Combining her entrepreneurial dreams with her love of psychology,she started thinking about business marketing (the psychology of the business world).
这一决定在她遇到两个了不起的女人后变得更加坚定了，她们来到了她在怀基基的一家餐厅。They both worked in the marketing department of a company,作为他们工作的一部分，为了推销这种产品，他们不得不到各种美丽的地方旅行。
Three things these women said really hit home with Ariel.First,they got to travel.第二，their company seemed to care about them and support their efforts.最后，两人都很外向，真正过着自己的生活（不仅仅是在某个小隔间里工作，上午9点到下午5点）。
Right then and there Ariel was sold on going into business marketing.
But how did that choice lead her to leave home in Hawai'i and become the marketing coordinator for Bon Affair in southern California?
Read on to learn more about how Ariel found her way to the marketing team at a start-up that is paving the way for alcoholic beverages for the health-conscious.
What are the typical duties of a marketing coordinator?
A lot of Ariel's job has to do with planning and being prepared.她白天做的第一件事就是检查日历，看看日程上有什么安排，这样她就可以确保提前准备好一切。然后她向履行中心提交订单，以确保他们当天处理订单。
Other than that,her duties change day to day.
Some of the typical tasks that are related to her job as marketing coordinator are:
- 协调活动：Not only does she set up demos,但Ariel也在协调其他事件。她检查并抽样预算以协商条款，确认事件详细信息，填写文件和合同，归还和归档文件，communicates to brand ambassadors the event details and product needs,从活动中请求社交媒体帖子和图片，并在活动结束后与领导和联系人联系。
- 为葡萄酒比赛提交产品：Because the product that Ariel is marketing is a wine spritzer,she finds competitions to enter it in.这需要她填写报名表，read competition rules and regulations,mail in the product,check back in to see if Bon Affair won,share the results with the Bon Affair team,and then figure out how to incorporate those awards in future marketing materials.
- Ordering marketing material:设计团队将制作一张明信片，banner,sales sheet,etc.Ariel还将从具有成本效益的公司订购这些营销材料的印刷品。She also assists the design team with the creation of marketing material by sharing what product characteristics tend to resonate more with specific demographics.
- 与博客作者/社交媒体影响者接触：After finding bloggers and social media influencers,Ariel will check their validity.Once she determines they are the right fit for Bon Affair,she'll reach out and build a relationship with these influencers and see if they're interested in trying her product and writing about it.
- 研究竞争对手：Ariel observes competitors (both direct and indirect) to see what choices they're making to grow their own businesses.
- Assisting in photoshoot planning:To help with photoshoots,Ariel will build an inspiration board and then pull ideas from this board.考虑到预算，she collaborates with her colleagues to determine who/what can (and should) be included in the shoots.然后她会协助设置，process,以及嫩芽的分解。
- Assisting in planning Bon Affair sponsored parties:One of the ways that Bon Affair gets in front of new clients is by sponsoring parties.For these parties,her company offers packages that include potential themes,promo swag,服务员制服和配件，etc.
- Managing the wine club:In order to keep up a successful wine club,Ariel必须与会员建立关系和品牌忠诚度。她免费赠送促销品，collects feedback so that Bon Affair can improve and meet customers' needs,and schedules wine club shipments and coordinates with the fulfillment center to make sure that all the necessities are included in each package.
How does working with alcohol affect the job of a marketing coordinator?
To build brand awareness,你想取样，demos,and events that introduce your product to a larger audience.Working in the alcohol industry puts some restrictions on all of this.有时还需要一些额外的文书工作。
作为该行业的营销协调员，you have to be able to find your niche and work within that.Ariel is in a unique situation where her product is both an alcoholic beverage as well as a drink that helps to support active and health-conscious lifestyles.因为这个，Ariel有机会与健身俱乐部、水疗中心和沙龙合作。
“我为一家RAD公司工作，这家公司建立在努力工作的基础上，同时兼顾健康和健身与社会化。Also,everyone tends to be happy to get complimentary alcohol samples.:)"
What are Ariel's favorite parts about being a marketing coordinator?
She loves that every day is different and that there is always something new to challenge her.It also helps that she's working for a company and with a product that she truly believes in.The founder is someone she really looks up to.Already,阿里尔学到了很多，both personally and professionally,比她想象的还要多。为一个杰出的女商人工作，同时又体贴又真诚善良，这使得享受这份工作变得容易。
“我亲眼目睹了人们多么想和她一起工作，help her,and support Bon Affair because they meet her and see what a great person she is.它有传染性。She's not just a boss but a mentor and I feel grateful to have the opportunity to learn from her."
Not to mention the fact that Bon Affair was on ABC'sShark Tankand Ariel gets to witness firsthand all of the great things that come from that exposure and the deal with Mark Cuban.
一定要遵守酒的规章制度。Ariel has learned that there are a lot of tricky laws that surround this type of product.It can also be difficult to match the branding quality she cares about to a certain budget.
Then there's the fact that Bon Affair is a wine spritzer with zero sugar,添加电解质，和一般葡萄酒的一半卡路里。It's not a standard wine or a sugary bottled mixed drink.Basically,Bon Affair is its own beverage category.这意味着他们正在铺路！虽然这很令人兴奋，it also requires a lot of product education to sell it.
You will learn to love organization,details,and effective communication when dealing with outside organizations,events,as well as within the company itself.
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and eagerness to embrace new challenges
Also,她建议，如果你申请了一百万个地方，没有人回应，你就不要太气馁。相反，try to spice things up with your application and cover letter.娱乐正在阅读的人。Don't be afraid to talk about who you are outside of work.这样他们就能感受到你的个性。
"I only started getting interviews and replies to applications after I made the decision to change my cover letter to include a section about deciding to leave my ‘mermaid ways' of Hawai'i to join the land of California and pursue a fulfilling career in marketing.这个（帮助她接受采访的事实）打乱了我的主意，只是为了表现出那种无聊。will被忽视了。”
Homework time!Ariel作为营销协调员的职业生涯听起来像是你感兴趣的事情吗？起点探索你的选择。Also,be sure to ask yourself about what appeals to you in her description.Because Bon Affair is a start-up,Ariel has a lot of responsibility and has some duties that don't directly apply to marketing.Think about the type of公司文化you're interested in and search for companies that match that.